Rothwell Dental Surgery
We offer a wide range of NHS & private treatments from routine preventative care to more complex procedures including periodontics, endodontics, surgical dentistry, dentures, veneers, crowns, bridges, smile makeovers, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, teeth straightening and invisible braces.
Our personalised approach takes into account the needs of every patient, developing individual treatment plans to achieve optimal results.
The surgery is fully computerised using the latest “Software of Excellence” dental software; in addition we have the latest digital x-ray equipment.
We believe that your smile is one of your most valuable assets. The perfect smile can make all the difference and give you utmost confidence.
Prevention is at the heart of everything we do.
We offer you a warm welcome and look forward to seeing you.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide a high quality and range of dental services to the whole community, including consultations, X-Rays, routine restorative work, endodontics, treatment of periodontal disease, prostheses & cosmetic work.
- To offer patients a friendly and professional service.
- To explain the diagnosis to patients in detail, where particular attention should be given and necessary action - treatment options, costs, risks, advice, etc.
- To refer to appropriately qualified specialist dental practitioners where necessary.
- To keep patients well-informed of costs and to discuss treatment progress at each stage, obtaining relevant consent.
- To offer a preventative service.
- To establish an individually-developed personal dental health regime for each patient to meet their dental care needs and aim for a high level of oral health.
- To provide detailed information and explanations to patients where a surgical procedure is necessary including risks, procedure, etc.
- To obtain valid consent for all surgical procedures carried out at the practice.
- To monitor patient throughout treatment, post-procedure, following clinical protocol to ensure full recovery and minimise risks.
- To arrange and agree appointments and review appointments within appropriate personal timeframe with patients.
- To undergo a complete and detailed examination of the patients oral health with help from relevant diagnostic equipment, taking into account relevant medical history.
- To inform patients of the results of such diagnostic and screening procedures with a view to discussing possible treatment options.
BDA Good Practice
We have been recognised for our high standards by the British Dental Association and have been given a Good Practice Award. Having joined the BDA’s Good Practice Scheme, the practice meets nationally recognised standards to provide the best possible care for its patients.
As a member of the scheme, the whole of the practice team have signed up to follow a series of commitments, including:
- Providing quality service
- Meeting patients’ needs
- Making sure each patient’s treatment is as comfortable and convenient as possible
- Following the BDA’s guidelines on infection control
- Checking for mouth cancer
- Taking part in continual professional development
- Training of staff in work systems and review training plans
- Welcoming feedback and dealing promptly with complaints
This means that everyone in our Practice has made a commitment to quality dental care. We aim to keep up to date with nationally-agreed standards of good practice and provide the best care for our patients.
If you have any reason to think that we are not doing what the good practice scheme requires then please let us know.